Mobile friendly website designs
are a common feature with all the companies that have made the internet an inherent medium for all their marketing strategies. Mobile friendly websites need extra efforts put into it since these face the constraints of smaller visuals and navigational issues. There are a number of things that need to be kept in mind while creating mobile friendly website designs
. Here are a few tips that might be useful for you that will help you to further enhance the experience for all your end users.
- Your mobile versions should be the perfect trimmed down versions of your desktop websites and keep the theme and look of the website intact. It should be catchy so as to grab the attention of the viewer.
- While getting your mobile versions created of your website you can first and the foremost ask your web designer to make sure that the mobile websites are responsive enough and the users directly land on the mobile version of the website when viewing on the smartphones or tablets.
- Since the platform for viewing the websites is relatively smaller than the desktops, these websites should include just the bare essentials and should not be bombarded with extra information. The number of pages of the mobile versions of the websites should ideally be kept as less as possible. The content should no doubt be engaging but it also should be crisp, precise and to the point.
- You need to make sure that it is easy to navigate through the websites. Since these days almost all the smartphones are touchscreen, it makes sense to have bigger buttons for the clicking purpose. This is an important consideration with ecommerce website development as well.
- You need to make sure there are features such as click to call, easy ‘contact us’ options without too much of a text input in your websites. The bigger details should be left for the desktops.
- Since the mobile websites are precise and to the point, many people often opt for the desktop versions on their mobiles as well. So there should be a direct link for the desktop version on your mobile version.
- The mobile websites should be free of advertisements if any as these eat up a lot of space. So it is always better to avoid these so as to make your website look clutter free.
These are just a few handy tips that will help you make the most out of your websites. With these few considerations you can be rest assured that your websites will be easily viewed across most of the platforms no matter how big or small the displays are!